HR Automation for Small Businesses
HR automation technology digitises:
- Manages communication between HR, the hiring manager and the applicant
- Provides automated email notifications of next steps throughout the hiring process
- Provides web forms that pre-fill all other onbaording documents, so new employees only has to provide basic information once
- Manages everything an employee needs to begin working on their first day. For example: IT access, furniture & IT equipment.
- Digitises the employee review process, automates appraisal reminders, confirms review completion and sets dates for the next review
- Automates appraisal sign-off and archiving
- Routes holiday requests to the correct manager via web form submission
- Automatically emails the employee with the holiday approval or decline
- Provides updates to accrued employee balances
- Starts the separation process by emailing instructions for scheduling an exit interview, returning company property and other tasks the employee must complete
- Syncs employee documents with updated status
- Sets record retention dates in the document management system
Small businesses still need to streamline workflows and be efficient, especially when it comes to HR.
Office automation has many benefits for a small human resources departments. The digital transformation frees HR by reducing time spent on routine administrative tasks and allows them to focus on what matters most – hiring talented people, effective onboarding, measuring and improving employee satisfaction and in many small business cases the other role they have in the company.